Jamison Narbaitz is an attorney in the San Francisco office's Professional Liability Group. Acting as coverage and monitoring counsel, he focuses on representing London and US insurers in connection with cyber/privacy, technology errors & omissions, media liability, data breach, consumer class actions and intellectual property claims.
Jamie joined Clyde & Co in 2012, after more than a decade of litigating insurance coverage and bad faith actions in US federal and state courts on behalf of both policyholders and insurers. He has significant experience with various insurance products, including CGL, commercial property, business interruption/extra expense, EPL, E&O and D&O. He has written and spoken extensively on issues involving insurance law and civil litigation.
In 2015, Jamie was seconded to a major London Market coverholder that writes cyber, technology, media and other coverage on behalf of Lloyd's syndicates. He currently serves as Secretary of the Board of the Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS) Northern California Chapter, and as pro bono counsel to the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Basque Cultural Center. Jamie volunteers as a Judge Advocate General (JAG) officer (currently holding the rank of Captain) for the California State Military Reserve, providing legal counsel to soldiers leaving for or returning from deployment overseas. In 2008, he served a secondment as Deputy District Attorney with the Marin County District Attorney's Office, where he convicted criminals in five jury trials.
- State Bar of California
- US District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Federal courts in Nevada, Oregon and Washington (admitted pro hac vice)
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 2001. Editor-in-Chief of the American Journal of Law and Medicine. Legislative extern for Hon. Patricia D. Jehlen of the Massachusetts House of Representatives.
- B.A., Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles, 1998
- Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF)
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)