Jamison Narbaitz is an attorney in the San Francisco office's Professional Liability Group. Acting as coverage and monitoring counsel, he focuses on representing London and US insurers in connection with cyber/privacy, technology errors & omissions, media liability, data breach, consumer class actions and intellectual property claims.
Jamie joined Clyde & Co in 2012, after more than a decade of litigating insurance coverage and bad faith actions in US federal and state courts on behalf of both policyholders and insurers. He has significant experience with various insurance products, including CGL, commercial property, business interruption/extra expense, EPL, E&O and D&O. He has written and spoken extensively on issues involving insurance law and civil litigation.
In 2015, Jamie was seconded to a major London Market coverholder that writes cyber, technology, media and other coverage on behalf of Lloyd's syndicates. Jamie proudly volunteers as a Judge Advocate General (JAG) officer (currently holding the rank of Captain) for the California State Military Reserve, providing legal counsel to soldiers leaving for or returning from deployment overseas. In 2008, he served a secondment as deputy district attorney with the Marin County District Attorney's Office, where he successfully convicted criminals in five jury trials. That same year, he taught a class on "Public Speaking and Courtroom Decorum" at Lincoln High School in San Francisco. In 2006-2007, he represented a minor pro bono through Legal Services for Children in a hotly contested but ultimately successful guardianship appointment proceeding.
- State Bar of California
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal courts in Nevada, Oregon and Washington (admitted pro hac vice)
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 2001. Editor-in-Chief of the American Journal of Law and Medicine. Legislative extern for Hon. Patricia D. Jehlen of the Massachusetts House of Representatives.
- B.A., Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles, 1998
- Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF)
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)