Jessica Kelly practices in the areas of professional liability and insurance litigation. Her practice principally focuses on the representation of domestic and international insurers in connection with claims made under lawyers professional liability insurance policies. She represents insurers in all aspects of insurance coverage, including the assessment of coverage, negotiation of coverage disputes, risk/liability analysis of underlying disputes, mediation and resolution of underlying actions, litigation of declaratory judgment actions and bad faith litigation. Jessica also advises insurers and law firms regarding risk management and best practices.
During law school, Jessica served as an extern for the Honorable John E. Munter of the San Francisco Superior Court and also interned for the California Attorney General's Office. Prior to law school, she was a Legislative Aide for the California State Assembly and an intern for Representative Lynn Woolsey of the United States House of Representatives.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- J.D., University of California Hastings College of the Law, 2002. Symposium Editor of the Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly.
- B.A., Political Science and Rhetoric and Communications, University of California, Davis, 1998
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society