John has specialised in insurance and professional liability throughout his career. He trained at Barlow Lyde & Gilbert and, on qualification in 1992, focussed in lawyers' professional liability, dealing with a wide range of claims made against solicitors, from sole practitioners to the 'magic circle'. He had a significant involvement in dealing with claims against surveyors, and construction professionals at this time.
In 2000, John joined Eversheds (now Eversheds Sutherland) where he acted for the market in a number of high profile pension mis-selling claims, in addition to acting for solicitors and other professionals.
John was a Partner in Kennedys Law LLP from 2006 until joining Clyde & Co in 2018. He headed up the London professional indemnity team and played a significant part in developing Kennedys' regional professional indemnity practice. He lives in the West Country.
He is ranked by Legal 500 and Chambers who highlight his "commercial" approach and "D&O work".
- Dispute Resolution & International Arbitration
- Financial Institutions, Directors & Officers
- Professional Liability: Accountants
- Professional Liability: Construction Professionals
- Professional Liability: Emerging Professions
- Professional Liability: Financial Services
- Professional Liability: IT & Media Professionals
- Professional Liability: Insurance & Reinsurance Brokers
- Professional Liability: Lawyers
- Professional Liability: Surveyors & Valuers
- Professional Practices: Professional Liability