Jonathan's principle areas of practise are construction, engineering, utilities, transport, infrastructure and energy disputes arising out of major capital projects for which he regularly appears as an advocate in domestic and international arbitrations. Coming from a science based background, he is quick to grasp technical detail and complexities and is adept in challenging experts in cross examination. He also regularly advises on the major standard forms of contract. Jonathan has considerable experience in alternative dispute resolution methods including adjudication and mediation.
In addition to his experience as an advocate, Jonathan has been as an arbitrator in international arbitration proceedings under various institutional rules. He is also a Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors qualified adjudicator.
Jonathan has many years' experience of procurement and procurement regulations, and published a book on public sector procurement through the Institute of Chartered Engineers in 2016.
Jonathan has been appointed by clients that include governments, public authorities, investors, insurers international contractors, architects and engineers. His work has spanned jurisdictions from the USA to Europe, but with an emphasis on disputes in the Middle East and Asia.
- Aviation: Aviation Liability & Insurance
- Aviation: Dispute Resolution & International Arbitration
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Energy & Natural Resources: Dispute Resolution & International Arbitration
- Energy & Natural Resources: Oil & Gas
- Industrials: Dispute Resolution & International Arbitration
- Infrastructure: Commercial & Industrial
- Infrastructure: Dispute Resolution & International Arbitration
- Infrastructure: Energy & Natural Resources
- Infrastructure: Transport
- Marine: Dispute Resolution & International Arbitration
- Marine: Shipbuilding & Offshore Construction
- Trade & Commodities
- Commercial Litigation & ADR
- Commercial Litigation & ADR: Claims Validation & Asset Recovery
- Commercial Litigation & ADR: Professional Negligence Disputes
- Commercial Litigation & ADR: Public International Law
- International Arbitration
- Projects & Construction
- Projects & Construction: Construction, Development & Engineering
- Projects & Construction: PPP/PFI
- Projects & Construction: Procurement, trade regulation and state aid
- Real Estate
- Real Estate: Development
- Real Estate: Real Estate Litigation