Jonathan advises international and Australian insurers, local and state governments (including their councillors and officers), directors and other professionals on professional indemnity and D&O insurance issues. He also advises on indemnity and general liability, social media liability, employment practices liability and property claims.
Jonathan represents clients in respect of international and domestic shipping disputes. He acts for a number of international insurers (including P&I clubs), Australian insurers, ship owners, ports, charterers and commodity exporters.
He has experience in handling cases in the English Courts, Hong Kong Courts, the Federal Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of Western Australia. He has also handled arbitrations in Australia, London, Hong Kong and China.
Jonathan also advises clients on regulatory investigations and submission preparations within the financial services. He works with clients in a range of sectors to build organisational wide resilience.
Jonathan is recognised as a Leading Professional Indemnity Lawyer in Western Australia by Doyles Guide (2018).
- Commercial Litigation & ADR
- Commercial Litigation & ADR: Professional Negligence Disputes
- Employment, Pensions & Immigration
- Global Recoveries
- Global Recoveries : Cargo, Marine & Transportation
- International Arbitration
- Regulatory & Investigations
- Regulatory & Investigations: Financial Services & Insurance