Her career path, which has taken her from Réunion Island to Lyon, via Paris and Montreal, has provided this young and dynamic lawyer with unparalleled personal experience. Driven by her thirst for learning, Laure enjoys being confronted with new challenges and having to answer complex legal questions.
Often described as a lawyer with an iron fist in a velvet glove, Laure always strives to obtain the best for her clients. Her diplomacy and cooperative nature are important assets of her personality that she employs in her practice.
Laure holds a bachelor’s degree in law from the Université Jean Moulin Lyon, where she subsequently completely a master’s degree in business law. She also holds a Master 2 degree from the Université Panthéon-Assas in Paris. Her master’s thesis focussed primarily on new legal issues regarding securitization and trusts. Finally, she earned a Master of Laws from McGill University after writing a thesis on the lessons to be learned from the subprime crisis in the United States (“Les leçons à tirer suivant la crise des subprimes aux États-Unis”).
When Laure is not at the office, she dedicates as much time as possible and as her schedule permits to a cause that is particularly close to her heart, the Women’s Centre of Montréal.
Me Bonnave is a member of the following organizations:
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- French Chamber of Commerce in Canada
- Young Philanthropists' Circle of the Montreal Museum of fine arts
- "SCC ruling on regulatory offence", Insurance and reinsurance bulletin of Clyde & Co, January 2014
- "La fiducie en droit familial, à l'abris de qui et de quoi?", Recent Developments in family law 2013, volume 372