Leslie Ahari focuses her practice on directors' and officers' (D&O) and other professional liability claims. She represents insurers in coverage disputes in federal and state courts nationwide, at both the trial and appellate levels.
For over 25 years, Leslie has represented and provided counseling to insurers in complex coverage claims arising from shareholder litigation, fiduciary liability, antitrust, private equity and investment management disputes, legal malpractice, bankers professional liability, and other professional liability matters. Leslie has served as coverage counsel for insurers in some of the most serious D&O exposures that have occurred in the United States, including Enron, Adelphia, Refco and MF Global.
Leslie has been recognized as a leading lawyer for insurers by Chambers USA, which describes her as a go-to litigator and a provider of first rate work in the D&O and professional liability space. Chambers USA 2019 stated that "Leslie Ahari is held in high regard for her significant experience advising insurance market clients on sophisticated coverage disputes. She is highlighted for particular expertise in D&O matters."
Leslie is the managing partner of Clyde & Co's Washington, DC office and a member of the firm's North American Management Board.
- District of Columbia
- US District Court for the District of Columbia
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- US Court of Appeals for the First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Eighth and Ninth Circuits
- US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- US Supreme Court
- J.D., cum laude, Harvard University, 1988
- A.B., magna cum laude, Duke University, 1985. Phi Beta Kappa
- American College of Coverage Counsel (ACCC)
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia State Bar Association