Margaret (Peggy) Holm is a highly regarded trial lawyer and legal profession leader who defends healthcare organizations and providers, including hospitals, medical professionals, nursing homes, long-term care facilities, and national and regional insurers. Her healthcare clients have faced high demands and allegations of professional malpractice, wrongful death, abuse, neglect, class actions and catastrophic injury. In over 200 civil jury trials and arbitrations during three decades of practice, Peggy has amassed an outstanding record of obtaining defense verdicts, early dismissals and favorable settlements.
Peggy also handles the defense of other licensed professionals, public entities, property and business owners, insurers and agents and national sporting associations in complex, catastrophic, high-damage cases involving allegations of malpractice, abuse, neglect and fraud, as well as elder abuse and mass torts. She has experience defending employers in cases involving a wide range of employment law issues, including wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment and breach of contract claims.
Peggy served as the managing partner and member of the board of directors for a civil litigation defense firm office with a success record of over 95 percent in cases that reached a jury verdict conclusion. She has held multiple leadership positions within legal organizations. Her exceptional skills in trial advocacy and civility earned her a nomination and election to the American College of Trial Lawyers, where she is a Fellow. She is the third woman in the history of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) elevated to the prestigious rank of Diplomate.
- US District Courts for the Central, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- B.A., University of California at San Diego
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Diplomate and past national board member
- California chapter, past president
- Orange County chapter, past president
- Fellow of the International Society of Barristers
- Master of the Robert A. Banyard Inns of Court
- California Medical-Legal Committee
- Defense Research Institute
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Southern California Association for Healthcare Risk Management
- Orange County Bar Association