Matthew Gennaro focuses his practice on insurance coverage litigation and counseling. For fifteen years, Matt has provided representation to both domestic and international insurance companies in a wide variety of complex insurance matters involving well over a billion dollars of coverage.
These coverage matters have involved directors and officers liability; professional errors & omissions claims; products liability; Bermuda-form excess liability claims; asbestos and environmental pollution exposure and other long-tail claims; bodily and personal injury liability; concussion cases involving major sports leagues; data breach and cyber security claims; and other third-party liability coverage matters.
Outside of litigation, Matt also conducts mediations, arbitrations and provides coverage opinions and advice. He is also a regular contributor to the industry trade publication The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin.
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2002
- B.A., Political Science, Colgate University, 1999
- Co-Author, "Late Notice Under 'Claims Made' Policy" in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, May 2016
- Co-Author, "NJ Supreme Court Decision Defines the Parameters of Acceptable Precedent in Bad-Faith Claims: A Light in the Dark" in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, November 2015
- Co-Author, "Rare NY Court of Appeals Reversal: Protection From Potentially Automatic Liability" in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, October 2014
- Co-Author, "Insurer May Disclaim Coverage Years After Commencement of Underlying Litigation" in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, July 2013
- Co-Author, "Application of the Pollution Exclusion to Chinese Drywall Claims" in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, February 2013
- Co-Author, "NY Insurance Law Section 3420(d)" in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, May 2012
- Co-Author, "The Duty to Defend in New Jersey" in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, June 2011
- Co-Author, "Coverage for Spoliation Claims" in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, July 2009
- Co-Author, "The Duty of Corporate Counsel to Preserve Evidence" in Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, September 2004
- Co-Author, "Independent Tort Claims for Spoliation" in DRI—For the Defense, July 2004