Max also manages a wide range of complex commercial and insurance disputes, having enjoyed success in South Africa's apex appeal courts.
In the recent past, he has represented some of the largest South African law firms in professional indemnity litigation, acted for clients in the financial services industry (including asset managers, accountants and pension fund administrators), professionals in the building industry (including engineers and architects) and specialist medical practitioners (in liability claims and medical inquests). Often this work entails representing these parties in complaints to regulatory bodies.
In addition, he has successfully represented clients in the healthcare, trade and logistics and arms manufacture industries.
Max holds a Masters degree in law from the University College of London (ULon) and has contributed to international publications on the topics of insurance and reinsurance.
Max recently contributed to the Global Directors and Officers Deskbook. To see a review of the book, please click here.
Max was selected as a Leader in his Field in Euromoney's Insurance and Reinsurance Expert Guide 2015 showcasing the world’s leading lawyers chosen by their peers.
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Insurance: Construction & Engineering
- Insurance: Dispute Resolution & International Arbitration
- Insurance: Financial Institutions, Directors & Officers
- Insurance: Personal Injury
- Insurance: Professional Liability
- Professional Liability: Construction Professionals
- Professional Liability: Financial Services
- Professional Liability: Lawyers