In his role leading the corporate practice on the ground in East Africa, Michael advises local and foreign companies on a wide variety of matters including the following:
- mergers & acquisitions;
- private equity transactions;
- joint venture arrangements;
- equity capital markets (including IPOs);
- general corporate regulatory advice; and
- company incorporation and registration.
Michael is admitted as a Solicitor in England & Wales and as an Advocate of the High Court in Tanzania. His dual qualified status enables him to act as both international and local counsel within Tanzania and as international counsel on transactions across sub-Saharan Africa. Michael's practise has a particular focus on the oil & gas, mining, telecommunications and agribusiness sectors.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co, Michael was a member of the corporate team in the City of London office of another international law firm.
Michael is a member of the following:
- the Executive Committee of the British Business Group in Tanzania;
- the Eastern Africa Association;
- the Tanzania Explorers' Club (Secretary);
- the Tanganyika Law Society;
- the East Africa Law Society; and
- the Law Society of England & Wales.