Nicholas joined the Dubai Office of Clyde & Co in 2012, and has a broad range of experience in both commercial litigation and international arbitration in the UAE and elsewhere, advising local and multinational companies (as well as individuals) on a diverse range of complex disputes including real estate litigation, shareholder and JV disputes, and white collar matters.
Nicholas has developed a specific practice in regulatory and investigations work in recent years, and advised clients and conducted investigations on a range of topics including cases of pure theft and fraud, but also bribery and corruption, defrauding government authorities, antitrust infringements, sanctions breaches, and money laundering.
Nicholas has also expertise in the enforcement of foreign court judgments and arbitration awards in jurisdictions in the Middle East, especially in the developing jurisdiction of the DIFC.
Nicholas is the co-author of Global Investigations Review 2018 edition of its "Securities & Related Investigations Know-how."
Prior to joining Clyde & Co, Nicholas spent nearly five years at a large US law firm based in London.
- Commercial Litigation & ADR: Corporate & Shareholder Disputes
- Commercial Litigation & ADR: International Advocacy
- Commercial Litigation & ADR: Real Estate
- Commercial Litigation & ADR: Regulatory Defence
- International Arbitration
- Regulatory & Investigations
- Regulatory & Investigations: EU Regulatory & Competition
- Regulatory & Investigations: Fraud & White-Collar Crime
- Regulatory & Investigations: Investigations, Anti-Bribery & Corruption and Compliance
- Regulatory & Investigations: Safety, Security, Health and Environment
- Regulatory & Investigations: Sanctions