Peter's practice spans energy and infrastructure projects, corporate and technology transactions and international arbitration. His geographic focus in energy, infrastructure and arbitration has been on Africa and emerging economies, while his corporate practice has been mainly in private equity, venture capital, mergers & acquisitions largely in the technology arena.
He represents national oil companies, governments and state entities in upstream oil and gas development, commercial transactions and international arbitration. He also advises on oil and gas policy and regulation. His recent engagements have included negotiations of exploration, development and production agreements, joint operating agreements and agreements related to gas infrastructure and development, among other commercial transactions. Peter has also advised national oil companies and governments on multi-million dollar disputes, including before major arbitral institutions, including ICSID and ICC.
He brings a decade of Silicon Valley experience to bear on corporate transactions and investments in new technologies. He has been involved in several signature transactions in online media, blockchain, life sciences and other technology businesses including mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital investments and technology licenses.
He has been recognised as a leading lawyer for several years running including as a Foreign Expert Based Abroad for Ghana by Chambers and Partners and Band 1 and Band 2 – Ghana by Legal 500.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co, Peter was a partner in an US-based international law firm for 10 years in New York, Dubai and London. He has also served as in-house general counsel and is admitted to practice in New York, California and Massachusetts.
What they say
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Energy & Natural Resources: Corporate & Commercial
- Energy & Natural Resources: Dispute Resolution & International Arbitration
- Energy & Natural Resources: Mining & Natural Resources
- Energy & Natural Resources: Oil & Gas
- Energy & Natural Resources: Power & Renewables
- Healthcare: Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences
- Infrastructure: Energy & Natural Resources
- Trade & Commodities
- Trade & Commodities: Oil & Gas Trading
- Commercial: E-commerce
- Commercial: Technology
- Corporate: Capital Markets
- Corporate: Corporate Finance
- Corporate: Corporate Governance
- Corporate: Foreign Direct Investment
- Corporate: Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate: Private Equity
- Finance: Projects
- International Arbitration
- Projects & Construction
- Projects & Construction: Dispute Resolution
- Projects & Construction: PPP/PFI
- Projects & Construction: Project Finance