Rob qualified as a solicitor in England in 1994, having obtained his law degree at Cambridge University. He then spent a number of years in Hong Kong, where he gained a range of experience across all areas of intellectual property, before joining Clyde & Co in the Middle East.
Based out of Dubai in the UAE, Rob specialises in providing clients with advice and support on their intellectual property issues in the MENA region, including in relation to trade marks, copyright, patents, designs and confidential information.
Rob has a particular focus on contentious work, dealing issues which range from managing regional anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy programmes, through to providing strategic advice on cross-border trade mark, copyright and patent litigation.
Rob has been consistently praised as one of the UAE's leading IP practitioners, including:
- Chambers Global: Rob is the only IP practitioner to have been recognised as a ‘Star Individual’ in the UAE. He is also the only practitioner to have been ranked as ‘Band 1’ (or as a ‘Star Individual’) for IP in the UAE in all years from 2011 onwards.
- Legal 500: Rob is the only practitioner to have been identified as a ‘Leading Individual’ for IP in the UAE in all years since 2010.
- World Trademark Law Review (WTR) 1000: Rob has been recognised a leading practitioner in the UAE in all years since this review was first published in 2011. He has also been accorded a ‘Gold Tier’ rating from 2015 onwards, which is the first year in which this category was introduced for the UAE.
- IP Stars: Rob has been recognised as an 'IP Star' by Managing IP since the inception of this survey in 2014.
- International Law Office (ILO) Client Choice Award: In 2012, Rob received the ILO Client Choice Award for Intellectual Property in the UAE.