Robert qualified as a solicitor in Scotland in 1988 and became dual qualified in England and Wales in 1994. Robert was accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a Specialist in Employment Law in 2009 and as a Specialist in Discrimination Law in 2015. He was also admitted as a Solicitor Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience in 2013.
Prior to joining Simpson & Marwick Robert spent 14 years as BT's legal advisor dealing with all its contentious matters in Scotland. During this time he developed a specialism in employment law; conducting numerous Tribunal hearings throughout the UK in cases involving unfair dismissal, discrimination, breach of contract and employment status as well as taking several cases to the EAT. Since leaving BT in 2006, Robert has specialised in contentious employment law and appears regularly in the Employment Tribunal.
In addition to employment work Robert is also experienced in the professional regulatory field.
- Commercial Litigation & ADR
- Commercial Litigation & ADR: International Advocacy
- Data Protection & Privacy
- Employment, Pensions & Immigration
- Employment, Pensions & Immigration: Dispute Resolution
- Employment, Pensions & Immigration: Employment & Advisory
- Employment, Pensions & Immigration: Industrial Relations