Susan Koehler Sullivan has more than 25 years of experience as a commercial litigator, focusing her practice on corporate insurance matters. She handles insurance coverage investigations and disputes (including through trial or arbitration) under all types of policies, including fidelity, directors and officers, employment, professional, property, excess and general liability policies. She also represents companies and employers in commercial disputes and employment matters.
Susan employs a 360-degree approach to every matter, where fully analyzing factual and legal issues are just the beginning. She evaluates and considers each party’s interests and motivations to determine the best strategy forward, and enjoys working closely with her clients to achieve their goals.
Susan was listed as one of the "45 Most Influential Women Lawyers" by the LA Business Journal in 2017. She was also named to the Los Angeles and San Francisco Daily Journal's list of "Top Women Lawyers 2017." Susan was selected as a "Rising Star" by Southern California Super Lawyers, 2004–2006.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 1991. Served as managing editor of the Pacific Basin Law Journal.
- B.A., with honors, University of Washington, 1987
- Los Angeles County Bar Association’s President’s Advisory Committee on Women in the Legal Profession
- American Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Fidelity and Surety Law Committee
- Global Advisory Board of the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF)
- Board of Directors of the Counsel for Justice