Inês is a Portuguese qualified lawyer in our London aviation team.
Her practice covers a wide range of both contentious and non-contentious matters for a range of airlines, MROs and other aviation stakeholders. Her non-contentious practice includes various aviation consumer law issues, commercial drafting and aviation regulatory advice. Inês also assists with a broad range of aviation liability claims (insured and uninsured), including attritional aviation claims, consumer rights litigation and major losses, with a particular focus on Portuguese speaking countries.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co she held positions in a Portuguese law firm and an international groundhandler. Inês holds an LLM in Air & Space Law from Leiden University.
- Advising air carriers, airports and other aviation stakeholders on regulatory compliance issues, including ground-handling, licensing, airworthiness, safety and environment ;
- Advising air carriers on compliance with nationality of ownership and control requirements under EU law and bilateral air services agreements;
- Reviewing and drafting of commercial aviation agreements, including ground-handling agreements, lease agreements, charter and codeshare agreements, fuel service agreements and other operator terms;
- Advising commercial air carriers regarding aircraft lease agreements disputes
- Advising an international oil company in relation to its fuel supply agreements with a UK airport
- Representing airlines and their insurers in a wide range of aviation liability claims, including consumer rights litigation
- Managing a portfolio of claims for denied boarding, cancellation and delay under Regulation 261/2004
- Assisting airlines and insurers with the management of claims arising out of major losses across Portuguese speaking countries
- Advising on multi-jurisdictional debt recovery claims for a major MRO