Marina advises on corporate, projects, construction, infrastructure and international transactions over a wide scope of sectors, in particular in relation to IWP (Independent Water Projects) in GCC countries, international commercial contracting and renewable energy projects.
She has extensive transactional and commercial contracting experience in the renewable energy sector provided her deep knowledge and understanding of the regulations applicable to this sector, where she has acted for both domestic and international clients.
Marina previously gained experience in high profile commercial and insurance disputes. She is a qualified solicitor in Spain with experience at various litigation stages before the different Spanish Courts and she has being involved in national and international claims, working with lawyers and experts from other jurisdictions.
She is a very determined lawyer, with a strategic mindset and worthy client relationships skills.
Marina holds a Double Degree in Law and Journalism from Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Madrid). Before joining Clyde & Co, she studied an LL.M in Global Business Law at ESADE Business School. She has also conducted complementary studies in different universities across the world such as the University of Exeter (UK), the Sun Yat-Sen University (Guangzhou, China) and the University of Cagliari (Italy).
Marina is currently advising on different projects in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia and South America.
- Advising a Spanish infrastructure contractor in relation to a new railway infrastructure project to be performed in Kenya.
- Advising a Spanish renewable energy contractor in relation to the purchase of different solar and hybrid (solar and wind) projects in Spain, including performance of the pertinent legal due diligence of each SPV (for the purchase of its shareholding) and its agreements and rights.
- Advising a large Australian company in the purchase of different assets and trademarks in Spain, including the legal due diligence.
- Providing day-to-day contract management advise to a large Spanish renewable energy contractor in relation to their solar projects portfolio in Spain, including providing transactional advice and regulatory support in connection with the arrangements with the competent Spanish public administrations.
- Advising a Spanish infrastructure contractor on the drafting and negotiation of a subcontract for the supply of solar panels for the development of the largest solar project in the Dominican Republic. Providing pre and post-closing advice.
- Issuing Spanish corporate legal opinions for different international Spanish construction and infrastructures contractors in relation to different infrastructure projects performed in the Middle East.
- Advising a large international French renewable energy contractor in relation to the incorporation of a subsidiary in Spain for the development of renewable energy projects in Spain.
- Advising a large Qatari construction company on their investment in a Spanish listed industrial group.
- Advising a large international renewable energy contractor on the negotiation of different contracts (SPAs, DSAs, Land Agreements, Side Letters, etc.) with different contractors for the development of renewable energy projects (mainly solar projects) in Spain.
- Advising a Spanish contractor leader in the infrastructure sector in relation to a new road infrastructure project to be performed in Benin.
- Issuing Spanish corporate legal opinions for different Spanish and international renewable energy contractors in relation to different infrastructure projects performed in the Latin America.
- Advising the water division of a large Spanish infrastructure contractor as the major shareholder of an Omani SPV in relation to a water project in Oman. Drafting and negotiating different agreements entered by the Omani SPV. Providing pre and post-closing advice.