Quentin A. Alexandre is a New York-based litigation and arbitration associate who focuses his practice on complex insurance coverage, reinsurance, and commercial matters. Quentin counsels and represents domestic and international insurers and reinsurers in various lines of business, including commercial general liability, products liability, property and casualty, professional liability, directors and officers liability, errors and omissions, and environmental claims.
Admitted in Paris, France, Quentin brings an international background to his practice with experience in both French and EU law. Quentin has handled all aspects of litigation and arbitration across the United States in both state and federal courts, as well as around the globe, including Europe and India. In addition, Quentin frequently acts on behalf of international and domestic insurers as coverage and monitoring counsel with respect to underlying claims involving complex insurance coverage issues.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co, Quentin interned for the Honorable Richard K. Eaton of the U.S. Court of International Trade in New York and was an associate at an international Global 200 firm where he managed complex matters from inception to completion, including developing strategy and communications with clients.
- New York
- US District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Paris Bar, France (Avocat à la Cour)
- M.L/LL.M, St. John’s University School of Law, 2017. Dean’s List; member, New York International Law Review; member, Dispute Resolution Society.
- M.A., Catholic University of Lille, 2015, and University of Lyon II, 2016
- J.D., University of Paris II, France, with Universität des Saarlandes, Germany, 2014
- New York City Bar Association
- European Affairs Committee
- International Law Committee
- Paris Bar
- “Paris – New York” International Committee
- Achieved a favorable settlement for an international reinsurer in a dispute involving a cedent insurer and a reinsurance intermediary in New York and Texas.
- Defended a high-profile excess insurer in a complex environmental liability action under Arkansas law.
- Represented and obtained dismissal of bad faith claims against insurers in various general liability cases.
- Obtained dismissal for a multi-national insurance company in a construction defect case by showing the lack of a duty to defend a purported additional insured based on extrinsic evidence.
- Secured dismissal of various declaratory judgment actions, including an action seeking defense and indemnification for repair and remediation costs incurred by the owner of a new residential building in New York City when the building was allegedly damaged by a subcontractor.
- Represented the insurer of a building products manufacturer in a breach of warranty claim involving continuous property damage.
- Presenter, Badgerow v. Walters – SCOTUS takes a restrictive view of the FAA with broad consequences, 2023
- Second Circuit Ruling: The Bellefonte Rule “No Longer Good Law” JDSupra, June 2022
- “The DOJ updated Evaluation of Corporate Compliance Programs and its implications for European companies,” Corporate Finance and Capital Markets Law Review, Thomson Reuters Transactive, March 2019