Eric Benedict represents insurance industry and corporate clients involved in complex litigation in state and federal courts. He focuses his practice on advising clients on the legal matters that affect their business and helping them navigate disputes. Eric’s experience includes insurance coverage and bad faith matters, personal injury and premises liability defense and general civil litigation.
Eric's practice includes matters involving insurance coverage and defense litigation. He has also advised insurance carriers on issues relating to coverage obligations and insurance policies on first-party and third-party claims.
- US District Court for the Middle, Northern and Southern Districts of Georgia
- J.D., cum laude, Wake Forest University School of Law, 2017. Executive Online Editor, Wake Forest Law Review. Debbie Parker Moot Court Service Award Winner, 2016. Dean’s Scholarship Recipient.
- B.A., magna cum laude, Washburn University, 2014. Student Government President. Above and Beyond Scholarship Recipient.
- Mortar Board Honor Society
- Sagamore Honor Society
- Obtained summary judgment for commercial insurer in a personal injury suit alleging direct liability under a state direct-action statute.
- Represented a national insurer in an indemnity lawsuit against a third-party provider leading to a successful settlement.
- Advised insurers on coverage rights and obligations under various forms, endorsements and exclusions for various property damage and bodily injury claims.
- Represented an insurer in a first-party suit seeking damages arising from a commercial fire loss leading to a dismissal.
- Represented insurer in a declaratory judgment action against an insured based on exclusions for assault and battery after the insured was sued for a death on the insured’s premises.
- Represented an insured crematory in a wrongful cremation case brought by the decedent’s family resulting in a dismissal of all claims against the crematory.