Max joined Clyde & Co’s London office in 2017, qualifying into the Energy, Engineering, Marine and Construction department in 2019.
His experience covers a broad range of international coverage and liability disputes in the upstream, downstream, renewables, marine and construction sectors. He also advises insurers on fine art insurance disputes.
Max has experience representing insurers in litigation (both in England and Wales and internationally) and arbitration. He also has experience of advising and representing contractors on onshore and offshore energy construction disputes.
- Advising insurers on coverage for serial defect losses on WINDCAR terms offshore Holland.
- Advising insurers on coverage under the WELCAR Defective Part clause for defective wind turbine components.
- Advising insurers on the effect of the LEG wordings in relation to offshore windfarm claims.
- Advising insurers on coverage following a control of well incident offshore Vietnam.
- Representing an EPC contractor in commercial disputes and arbitrations arising from onshore projects in the Middle East.
- Advising insurers on coverage issues arising from damage to offshore windfarm transformers in the North Sea.
- Representing an insurer in the defence of a fraudulent misrepresentation claim relating to the construction of a housing development.
- Advising insurers and their insured in respect of a claim for damage to a high value sculpture.
- Advising insurers in respect of a claim for diminution in value following the theft of a painting.
- Advising insurers in respect of business interruption losses arising out of COVID-19.