Edward Denby concentrates his practice in the area of civil defense, including the preparation of opinions regarding insurance coverage for first-party and third-party claims, and the defense of insurance companies in coverage lawsuits. Edward also has experience representing policyholders in coverage disputes and in general liability matters.
Edward began his career defending no-fault insurance companies and investigating no-fault fraud by medical providers in New York. From there, his practice grew to include insurance coverage analysis and defense litigation. Edward practiced in New York for approximately nine years before relocating to Denver, Colorado.
- New York
- US District Court for Colorado
- J.D., cum laude, Widener University School of Law, 2012. Dean’s Honors, Corporate Tax Achievement Award; Widener Journal of Law, Economics & Race, staff member; Trial Advocacy Honor Society Executive Board – Colloquium Curriculum Coordinator.
- B.A., Gettysburg College, 2009.
- Performed extensive coverage analysis and prepared coverage opinions for a variety of first-party and third-party insurance claims.
- Litigated insurance coverage disputes on behalf of insurance companies and policyholders.
- Assisted in litigating a novel insurance coverage lawsuit on behalf of a New York municipality resulting in a successful settlement at mediation.
- Defended insureds in general liability, property damage, and contractual claims litigation.
- Performed extensive analysis of indemnification agreements and litigation of insurance coverage and liability issues arising out of those agreements.
- Advised clients as to claims handling, litigation strategy, and the resolution of claims.