Aggrey is a senior associate in the Dar es Salaam office. He predominantly works in the Corporate Department.
He has acted for and advised numerous entities and individuals on legal and regulatory matters in Tanzania, advising on and assisting in the setting up of appropriate company structures and formation, and related corporate governance and compliance issues. Aggrey has also acted for and advised parties on corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, including on antitrust and competition issues, as well as undertaking detailed due diligence in medium to large transactional investment and take over matters.
Aggrey pursued his undergraduate degree programme at the University of Dar es Salaam and thereafter pursued his Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice at the Law School of Tanzania. He is an Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and a member of the Tanganyika Law Society and East Africa Law Society. He has a Master’s Degree in Taxation from the University of Dar es Salaam and is a Registered Tax Consultant.
- Advising Arise BV, an Africa investment company in connection with the acquisition of a significant stake (35%) owned by its shareholders Rabobank in NMB Bank, a listed bank in Tanzania and Tanzania’s largest commercial banks.
- Acting for Boundary Holdco Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Helios Investors III, L.P, an Africa-focused private equity firm, on the acquisition of Off Grid Electric Limited.
- Acting for New Forests Asset Management, a global investment manager offering high-impact strategies in sustainable forestry and related sectors, in connection with the proposed acquisition of Green Resources, a leading forestry and wood processing company in East Africa.
- Acting for Deere & Company in connection with its acquisition of Wirtgen Group Holding GmbH (“Wirtgen”), a leading worldwide manufacturer of road construction equipment.
- Advising Mastercard in connection with their investment in convertible promissory notes in Airtel Mobile Commerce B.V. (AMC), a Netherlands-based company with subsidiaries in 14 African countries, including Tanzania.
- Acting for the coordinating committee of bondholders in Petra Diamonds, holding USD 650 million in bonds, on a debt-to-equity conversion transaction that resulted in the client acquiring a significant interest in the Petra Diamonds group, which has mining assets in Tanzania
- Acting for PT Pertamina Internasional Eksplorasi dan Produksi, a wholly owned subsidiary of PT Pertamina (Persero) ("Pertamina"), the Indonesian State-owned oil and gas upstream and downstream company on the acquisition of Etablissements Maurel & Prom, a French company listed on Euronext Paris.
- Acting for Heineken International B.V. in connection with acquisition of a further interest in Namibia Breweries Limited (“NBL”) and the combination of Heineken’s current South African business (Heineken South Africa (RF) Proprietary Limited, along with its increased interest in NBL, and the flavoured alcoholic beverages (“FABs”), wine...