Marua completed a Law Degree with Honours in the United Kingdom and has worked in the Projects & Construction team for several years, first as a paralegal and now as an Associate.
Over those years, Marua has been trained in the finer nuances of construction law and is now a key member of the team, working across a range of matters. She is quickly developing a reputation as having attention to detail and a commercially focussed mindset.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co, Marua worked at a Silver Circle law firm in London for two years where she assisted more than thirty associates and partners in the Dispute and Litigation Department.
Marua is a native Arabic speaker, and is also fluent in English, Flemish and Dutch.
- Reviewed contemporaneous documents and drafted a mediation agreement to settle a dispute between a contractor and supplier of material for the construction of a port in Saudi Arabia.
- Attended client and witness meetings and prepared detailed minutes of meeting.
- Drafted sections in a Statement of Defence and Counterclaim responding to a claimant’s commercial loss claim for the late completion of a mall project in the UAE.
- Managed the disclosure production on a large construction dispute involving the development of a hotel project in the UAE.
- Drafted sections in a contractor’s witness statement setting out the subcontractor’s failure to rectify a number of defects identified during the defects liability period.
- Reviewed and amended the terms and conditions of a supply agreement entered into between a contractor and employer for the rental of material to complete a museum project in the UAE.
- Submitted, together with local counsel, a Statement of Grievance to the Dubai Court in order to include a client as creditor in a debtor's bankruptcy proceedings.
- Prepared various leases to Heads of Terms entered into between a landowner and various tenants in the UAE.