Andrew has long and extensive experience of claims against accountants, and has also accumulated considerable experience of claims concerning a wide range of other professions including actuaries, insurance brokers, banks, investment managers and other financial service providers, solicitors and surveyors.
Andrew is regularly involved in advising on insurance policy coverage issues, and has also acted in a number of insurance disputes. His experience includes acting in arbitrations and in numerous major proceedings in the UK, as well as a long-running trial in Bermuda and another major action in California.
Andrew contributed to BLG’s "Risk Management for Accountants" handbook and has written various articles for Insurance Day and accountancy publications.
- Acting for audit firms in defence of various major audit/financial reporting claims arising from management or employee fraud at audit client.
- Defending claims against tax advisers and advising on various liability issues arising from issues with tax planning and tax compliance work.
- Acting for auditors in FRC proceedings.
- Advising accountancy firms on risk management issues.
- Advising on the defence of claims arising from due diligence engagements and share valuations.
- Acting for insolvency practitioners in defence of negligence proceedings.
- Advising professional firms on responding to claims involving allegations of conflict of interest/ breach of confidence.
- Advising on the response to third party requests for documents and information (including requests under the Insolvency Act, the Companies Act and the Evidence (Proceedings in Other Jurisdictions) Act.
- Acting in the defence of a “holding out” claim and allegation of single cross-border professional partnership.
- Advising insurers on coverage issues connected with professional negligence and financial institutions claims.