Meghan Goodwin focuses her practice on insurance coverage litigation and counseling in a wide variety of matters, including long-tail claims such as asbestos, environmental property damage and other toxic torts; bad faith and extra-contractual claims; and commercial general liability issues.
Meghan has nearly 15 years' experience litigating, advising clients and leading joint defense groups in major insurance coverage cases in state and federal courts throughout the country, including New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania and Indiana. She has successfully resolved numerous disputed matters through mediation, motion practice and settlement negotiations.
Meghan served as a clerk for the Honorable Barbara Zucker-Zarett of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
- New Jersey
- New York
- US District Court for the District of New Jersey
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- J.D., American University-Washington College of Law
- B.A., summa cum laude, Drew University
- Givaudan Fragrances Corporation v. Aetna Casualty & Surety Company et al, No. MRS-L-592-09 (May 5, 2017), motion for leave to appeal denied, Docket No. AM-000591-16T4 (N.J. App. Div. August 10, 2017), motion for leave to appeal denied, Docket No. 080033 (NJ Supreme Court, December 8, 2017)
- Mine Safety Appliances Company v. AIU Insurance Company, No. N10C–07–241 MMJ, 2016 WL 498848 (Del. Super. Ct. Jan. 22, 2016)
- Mine Safety Appliances Company v. AIU Insurance Company, No. N10C-07-241 MMJ, 2015 WL 5829461 (Del. Super. Ct. Aug. 10, 2015)
- Mine Safety Appliances Company v. AIU Insurance Company, No. N10C–07–241 MMJ, 2014 WL 2536977 (Del. Super .Ct. May 20, 2014)
- Mine Safety Appliances Company v. AIU Insurance Company, No. N10C–07–241 MMJ, 2014 WL 1326536 (Del. Super. Ct. Mar. 24, 2014)
- Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. v. Greenwich Ins. Co., et al., 2008 WL 5146538 (D.N.J. December 2008)
- Bastek v. Commerce and Industry Ins. Co., 2005 WL 3772423 (N.J. Super. App.Div. February 2006)