Mikel Glavinovich is a litigator who represents carriers in coverage litigation, as well as commercial clients in complex business litigation. She also monitors defense matters and provides coverage counseling to multi-national carriers in the areas of professional liability, employment practice liability, and engineering liability. Mikel is experienced in arbitration, mediation, and has argued before the California Court of Appeal on several occasions, as well as the Bankruptcy Panel for the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Her previous experience extends beyond insurance and includes financial institution litigation, eminent domain, and litigation management.
Mikel assists Clyde & Co US LLP’s General Counsel in the oversight of professional responsibility and risk management for the US offices of the firm.
- US District Court for the District of California
- J.D., University of Arizona College of Law, 1995. Articles Editor, Arizona Journal of International and Comparative Law.
- B.A., Willamette University, 1993. Student Founder, Anchorage Youth Court; Intern, US Senator Ted Stevens (AK).
- SHAWL Women’s House Board President
- Volunteers of America Los Angeles, Board Member
- Christ Church Episcopal Holiday Giving Chair
- Women Lawyers of Los Angeles
- Benjamin Aranda III Inn of Court
- Secured dismissal with prejudice of a sexual harassment complaint against formal school district superintendent.
- Obtained partial summary judgment on behalf of carrier client in a matter of first impression in Wyoming, where contractor insured sought coverage for underlying claim that did not allege an occurrence as defined by the policy.
- Secured sanctions award on behalf of where opposing counsel failed to amend complaint once allegations were demonstrated to be false.
- Successfully defended multi-million-dollar arbitration award against challenges at the trial court, appellate court, and California Supreme Court levels.