Vicky advises on corporate transactional matters in a variety of sectors, with focuses on corporate real estate, international trade, marine and aviation, usually involving cross-jurisdictional and offshore elements. Vicky acts regularly on private company acquisitions, joint venture and investment deals, share buybacks, and restructurings. She also provides general company law advice to private companies relating to corporate governance and procedural matters.
Vicky has completed three client secondments to international organisations in the aviation, commodities, and downstream fuelling sectors, advising on various matters including M&A, financing and commercial contracts. She has also worked regularly with our Dar es Salaam office, both remotely and on the ground.
Vicky is listed as a 'Key Lawyer' in the Legal 500 United Kingdom Solicitors 2022 rankings: https://www.legal500.com/firms/692-clyde-co-llp/106-london-england/
Trade and Commodities
- Acting for an international trading house on its investments in emerging market oil and gas assets, including on acquisition, partnering, joint venture, throughput, storage and prepayment/funding arrangements.
- Advising an international commodities trader on the buyout of its JV partner’s interests in various crude oil businesses in Kazakhstan.
- Further to the purchase by a client of a distressed engineering business out of administration, effecting the subsequent restructuring and refinancing of the client’s group companies.
- Advising a Netherlands-listed multinational paint/coatings/chemicals manufacturer on the strategic purchase of a concrete coatings business in the UK.
- Advising a grid-scale battery storage asset trader on the receipt of funding from an infrastructure fund.
- Acting for the sellers of the Luxembourg holding company that owns One Braham, the newly developed office building that is to be the global headquarters of BT, for in excess of €500 million.
- Acting for a market leading investment manager on its disposal of an East Midlands retail park for £30.8 million.
- Acting on the sale of a national UK hotel portfolio to a South African investment fund.
- Acting for a Hong Kong based fund on the acquisition and subsequent disposal of a substantial portfolio of UK pubs.
- Acting for Native Land and consortia on investments into UK real estate development projects.
- Advising a world leading commodity trader on the disposal of its Singapore bunkering business to a Danish purchaser.
- Advising Oaktree Capital on its investment into OSM Maritime Group.
- Reporting on a joint venture agreement for a South African mining client, relating to the shared ownership of a shipyard at which the client was to have a vessel built.
- Corporate restructuring advice for a Norway-based client providing subsea services to offshore platforms.
- Advising a consortium of international leading fuel suppliers on the divestment of fuel supply operations at a major English airport, including ongoing throughput arrangements and transitional services arrangements.
- Acting for the purchaser on the share acquisition of a company owning the business and operations of a privately owned regional airfield in England, including transitional arrangements, hangar and runway leases and management arrangements.