Janice Holmes is a forward thinking attorney that places as much emphasis on serving her clients as she does refining her legal skills. She understands that the nature of the client’s business and industry is imperative to providing the highest level of client satisfaction. Janice personalizes client service plant by paying keen attention to information provided by her clients, in order to create an effective plan to address their legal needs.
Janice counsel her clients on insurance coverage issues, business and commercial litigation, and toxic and mass torts. She regularly advises insurance firms on insurance coverage issues and specifically has guided clients on the existence and scope of coverage for a variety of claims. These include commercial first-party policies, professional liability policies, insurance litigation declaratory judgements, and insurance litigation bad faith claims.
Janice also has extensive experience in the toxic and mass torts practice area. She has served as national coordinating counsel for a Fortune 100 company in managing cases involving alleged asbestos exposures in over 30 states. As coordinating counsel, Janice’s responsibilities included preparing corporate witnesses, developing training programs for local counsel, and working with local counsel to coordinate depositions and trial strategy.
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- District of Columbia
- US District Court for the District of Nebraska
- US District Courts for the Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court for the District of South Carolina
- US Courts of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US District Courts for the Western, Eastern, and Middle Districts of North Carolina
- J.D., Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska, 2006. Executive Editor and Staff Member, Creighton Law Review.
- B.A., cum laude, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina, 2003
- South Carolina Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- South Carolina Black Lawyers Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- Graduate of Leadership Columbia, Class of 2015
- Graduate of Nebraska Bar Association Leadership Academy, Class of 2011
- The Midlands Diversity Leaders Initiative, Spring 2020 Class XIII
- The Riley Institute, Furman University
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (FDCC)
- Successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of an insurer in connection with declaratory judgment matter involving claims arising out of sexual molestation.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of an insurer in connection with claims for bad faith, conversion, and defamation under a commercial auto liability policy.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of an insurer in connection with UIM policy.
- Guide to South Carolina Liability and Property Insurance Law, South Carolina Bar Continuing Legal Education Division, January 2019
- Course planner, Guide to South Carolina Liability and Property Insurance Law, South Carolina Bar Program, January 2019