Katherine is a Senior Associate at our London office, with more than 15 years of experience of working with large insurer clients and their policyholders. Katherine specialises in property damage claims, where she acts for both defendants and claimants, and in advising on policy coverage.
- Experience of defending a range of businesses from different sectors (construction, manufacturing, property management).
- Obtained a substantial recovery for an insurer whose policyholder's restaurant was damaged by a fire.
- Currently acting for the insurers of an educational institution, which was flooded as a result of a third party's negligent work.
- Recovered a six-figure sum in a claim where a homeowner's water supply was contaminated.
- Substantial experience of defending landowners in claims arising from the encroachment of Japanese Knotweed.
- Regularly advises on policy coverage and acts in policy disputes; experience includes including successfully defending a decision to decline cover at trial.
- Pursued and defended claims against the insurers of insolvent companies under the Third Parties (Rights Against Insurers) Act 2010.