For over 25 years,
Kevin has represented insurers in a broad range of coverage cases across the United States and advised insurers with respect to major claims both in the United States and internationally. His experience includes a wide array of complex insurance coverage matters, principally involving pollution, toxic tort, asbestos, construction defect, errors and omissions, excess liability, property and products liability. Kevin has been advising insurers in the pollution liability market since its inception, working with a variety of insurers on their most complex pollution liability claims and litigation. Kevin has coordinated national and international insurance coverage programs, including most recently coordinating several insurers’ national and global response to COVID-19 coverage claims and litigation . He is often retained by his clients to assist with complex claims implicating multiple, diverse coverage lines.
Kevin also has significant policy wording and drafting experience, having worked with a major insurance startup with various CGL, Excess, Pollution and other policy forms and endorsements and generally advising insurers with respect to policy wordings.
Upon graduation from law school, Kevin clerked for the Honorable Melvin P. Antell, Presiding Judge, New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division
- New Jersey
- New York
- US District Court for the District of New Jersey
- US District Courts for the Eastern, Western, and Southern Districts of New York
- US Courts of Appeals for the Third, Fourth, and Eleventh Circuits
- J.D., cum laude, Seton Hall University School of Law, 1987
- B.A., Seton Hall University, 1984
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- K.Hovnanian at Port Imperial Urban Renewal III,LLC, et al. (New Jersey State Court). Served as counsel for a domestic insurer in coverage litigation involving coverage for construction defect claims.
- Grandview at Riverwalk Port Imperial Condominium Association, Inc. v. K.Hovnanian at Port Imperial Urban Renewal II, LLC, et al. (New Jersey State Court). Provided counsel for a domestic insurer in coverage litigation involving coverage for construction defect claims.
- R.T. Vanderbilt Co., Inc. v. Hartford Acc. & Indem. Co., et al. (Connecticut State Court). Represented a domestic insurer in coverage litigation involving coverage for talc/asbestos claims.
- United Health Group, Inc. v. Hiscox, et al. (D. Mich.). Provided counsel for a major international insurer, winning motion to dismiss suit seeking coverage for class action settlements under E&O policy.
- General Electric Co. v. Adriatic Ins. Co., et al. (N.Y. Supreme Ct.). Served as counsel for a major international insurer in a coverage action involving asbestos and pollution claims.
- Congoleum Corporation v. London Market Insurers, et al. (N.J. Superior Ct.). Represented a major international insurer in a coverage action involving asbestos claims, subject of pre-packaged bankruptcy.
- Aluminum Co. of America v. Aetna Cas. & Sur. Co. (Washington State Court). Provided counsel for a domestic insurer in a pollution claim declaratory judgment action.
- Viacom, Inc. v. Aetna Cas. & Sur. Co. (N.J. Superior Court). Represented a major international insurer in pollution claim declaratory judgment action.
- Denihan Properties v. Commerce & Industry Ins. Co. (N.Y. State Court). Served as counsel for an insurer at trial and appellate courts, prevailing on motion to dismiss coverage under PLL policy.
- Rockwell Int'l. Corp. v. London Market, et al. (California State Court). Provided counsel for a domestic insurer in coverage litigation involving coverage for environmental claims.