Robert is an Associate in the Professional, Financial and Insurance Disputes team in Dubai and has been practising in the UAE since 2015.
Robert's practice centres on advising insurers, reinsurers and their insureds in relation to complex coverage and liability disputes across a number of business lines, including construction, energy, engineering, financial lines and marine. He has particular experience advising and defending professional services firms, including engineers, architects, consultants, insurance brokers and law firms.
- Advising the reinsurers of a directors' and officers' insurance policy on coverage and liability in respect of potential exposures of over USD500 million arising from claims made by the shareholders of a listed company in KSA.
- Advising and defending various large international insurance brokers from negligence claims.
- Advising London reinsurers in respect of their insured's (a contractor) potential professional liability exposures in the region of USD650 million arising in relation to the design and construction of a number of large projects in Abu Dhabi.
- Advising London reinsurers in respect of potential professional liability exposures in the region of AED1 billion arising in relation to a large infrastructure project in the UAE.
- Advising and defending a leading firm of solicitors in respect of a claim before the DIFC courts arising from allegations of negligence made by a former client.
- Advising London reinsurers and local direct insurers in respect of subrogated recovery proceedings in the Qatari courts following a fire at a large shopping centre in Doha, Qatar.
- Advising a firm of international architects in respect of claims made by its employer arising as a result of the alleged negligent design of a hotel in Jordan.
- Advising a firm of international consultants in relation to potential claims arising in relation to the design of a large shopping mall project in Oman.
- Advising insurers and reinsurers on the property and business interruption losses arising from a high profile fire at a landmark hotel in Dubai.
- Advising both London market reinsurers and direct insurers on coverage in respect of various claims under marine hull and machinery policies following damage to and/or total losses of vessels, with claim values in excess of USD5 million.
- Advising London market reinsurers in respect of property and business interruption claims arising in relation to the global Covid-19 pandemic.