Abigail joined Clyde & Co’s London office in 2015, qualifying into the Energy, Engineering, Marine and Construction team in 2017.
Abigail’s experience covers a broad range of international coverage and liability disputes in the upstream, downstream, renewable and marine sectors.
Abigail has extensive experience of representing insurers and international clients in litigation, arbitration, mediation and negotiation. She also advises on policy wordings and contract drafting.
- Representing insurers in Commercial Court case regarding coverage for damage to a platform offshore Saudi Arabia under WELCAR Section I and II.
- Advising insurers on policy wording and potential coverage issues in respect of a windfarm in Ukraine following the Russian invasion.
- Advising insurers on liability exposure and foreign law proceedings arising from a significant environmental event in the Bahamas.
- Representing insurers in German arbitration proceedings regarding coverage for losses at a German windfarm.
- Advising insurers on business interruption insurance issues (policy wording and coverage) arising out of COVID-19.
- Representing Mortgagees Interest Insurers in Commercial Court case in relation to the loss of the M/T "BRILLANTE VIRTUOSO", insured for US$77 million.
- Advising insurers on liability coverage for cargo losses in Turkey arising out of breaches of Collateral Management Agreements involving non-disclosure issues.
- Representing insurers in Commercial Court case regarding coverage for damage to an umbilical in the North Sea under WELCAR Section II.
- Acting for subrogated insurers in a recovery action in respect of a pipeline rupture offshore China.
- Representing ship owner in Commercial Court case regarding alleged breaches of fiduciary duty in relation to a series of Forward Freight Agreements.