Caroline joined Clyde & Co in 2016 having specialised in employment law and working with HR departments since 2009. In 2020 she became the Pro Bono Manager for the firm.
She provides responsive, pragmatic advice and support to UK and international clients on a range of issues, with a firm focus on finding a solution that meets client objectives.
Her practice includes advising on all aspects of employment law including:
- bringing and defending employment law claims (including discrimination claims);
- disciplinary, grievance and redundancy issues;
- managing performance and sickness absence;
- termination of employment (including post-termination restrictions); and
- contracts, policies and settlement agreements.
Caroline also designs and delivers training sessions, workshops and seminars for clients.
- Guiding an international business through a complex restructuring and redundancy process which achieved its commercial objectives (including avoiding adverse publicity) with no resulting claims
- Successfully settling discrimination claims by a senior female partner in an international professional services firm
- Advising a global organisation in the energy sector on varying terms and conditions of employment in the UK and the issue of English law contracts to employees working abroad
- Advising a high profile business on dealing with a media sensitive discrimination grievance and managing the complainant’s long term sick leave
- Advising the proprietor of a start-up company on poaching a team of his ex-colleagues from a national employer with the benefit of restrictive covenants
- Assisting a client in the leisure industry to manage a valued employee's recovery from alcohol addiction
- Advising on senior level exits and disciplinary processes, most recently a manufacturing business on the exit of a director level employee following personality clashes with other members of senior staff