Jennifer McKee litigates complex insurance coverage and commercial cases at the trial and appellate levels in federal and state courts in Nevada and California. She also counsels clients on insurance coverage issues. Jennifer has handled a wide variety of coverage matters arising out of first- and third-party policies in areas including general liability, professional liability, technology and media liability, data security, cyber risk, ERISA litigation under group policies, bad faith and employment practices liability.
Jennifer is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US).
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Courts for the Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- US District Court for the District of Nevada
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1993
- B.A., Russian, Pomona College, 1989
- Obtained partial summary judgment on behalf of client in equitable-contribution action against co-insurer in Nevada federal district court regarding past defense costs.
- Prevailed on issue of first impression in Nevada, regarding insured's obligation to reimburse client-insurer for settlement costs attributable to uncovered claims.
- Prevailed on cross-motions for summary judgment in action filed in Nevada federal district court, where co-insurer sought contribution for amounts paid in settlement of underlying action.
- Obtained judgment in excess insurer's favor in California action where primary carrier sought recovery of millions of dollars paid in settlement of mutual insured's breach-of-contract and bad-faith claims.