Tenda has advised various local and international companies on local laws and regulatory issues relating to a wide range of sectors including Banking and Debt finance, Mining, Oil & Gas, Insurance and Reinsurance business.
Tenda is currently a Partner with Clyde & Co Tanzania leading the Banking and Debt Finance practice. In addition to Banking and Debt Finance, Tenda leads the Insurance department and also works closely with the Mining team.
Tenda is a member of the Tanganyika Law Society and the East African Law Society.
- Advising Mobisol GmbH on various debt financing transactions in Tanzania involving various international lenders.
- Advising Off Grid Electric in respect of a loan to Million Solar Homes Leasing Tanzania Limited (as Borrower) from New Island Capital Liquid Assets II LP (as Lender).
- Advising Primefuels Tanzania Limited on a USD 30 million financing transaction with DEG and FMO. We not only acted as Tanzanian law counsel to Primefuels but also as English law counsel and as international counsel supervising Kenyan counsel.
- Advising an engineering company and an asset manager on the construction of a 40MW solar park in Kenya.
- Advising PROPARCO on a USD 15 million loan to a Tanzanian Bank.
- Advising Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH (DEG) (as Lender) in connection with various financing transaction involving Diamond Trust Bank Tanzania Limited and Exim Bank.
- Advising African Development Bank Group (AfDB) on a USD 120 million loan to CRDB Bank Plc to finance infrastructure and SME projects in Tanzania.
- Advising Peninsula Plaza Limited (a Tanzanian borrower) on a USD 71 million loan from IFC, DEG and Proparco.
- Advising Agence Française de Developpment (AFD) (as Lender) in connection with a financing transaction involving Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania.
- Advising Finnish Fund for Industrial Cooperation Limited (as Lender) in connection with a financing transaction involving New Forest Company (Tanzania) Limited.
- Advising Commerzbank (as Lender) in connection with a financing transaction involving Bakhresa Food Products Ltd and Said Salim Bakhresa and Co. Ltd.
- Advising Commerzbank (as Lender) on various loans to Jambo Food Products Limited.
- Advising Standard Bank of South Africa (as Lender) in relation to a USD 20 million secured facility to a Tanzanian conglomerate.
- Advising Standard Bank of South Africa on a debt finance transactions with a telecommunications company.
- Advising Standard Bank of South Africa on a secured loan to a Tanzanian entity operating in diverse areas such as trading, agriculture, manufacturing, energy, and petroleum, including assisting with monitoring conditions precedent and completion.