Verusha also specialises in all aspects of dispute resolution within the areas of corporate and commercial law. She has been involved in commercial dispute resolution for many years, and has extensive experience in the management and running of complex High Court litigation and arbitrations.
Verusha's practice covers the full spectrum of construction and corporate and commercial dispute resolution. She has been involved in matters concerning construction and contractual disputes, complex shareholder disputes and retail and real estate disputes, amongst others.
Verusha's experience covers a broad range of industry sectors, and has advised both private and public clients in the construction, mining, IT, transport, retail, and real estate sectors. Verusha is an admitted attorney and holds and LLB and LLM from UKZN.
- Defending one of South Africa’s largest mining companies in High Court proceedings brought by a former employee for alleged loss of income in excess of R100 million arising from the rejection of a disability claim under an insurance policy.
- Representing a prominent credit insurance company in a dispute arising from the provision of a credit facility in terms of which the credit insurance company issued construction guarantees to a contractor in favour of parties with whom the contractor had concluded construction contracts.
- Representing one of the largest brick manufacturers in Gauteng in multiple and on-going High Court litigation arising from its inadvertent use of defective slag (supplied to it by a third-party supplier) in the manufacture of its bricks.
- Part of an international team that represented an EPC contractor in multiparty litigation concerning an energy-to-waste power plant in the UK before the Technology and Construction Court in London in respect of a main claim of roughly £133 million.
- Part of an international team that represented a leading international consultancy and construction company (registered in the UK) against their CAR (construction all risks) insurers arising from their design and construction of the group headquarters of a leading broadcaster and telecommunications company in the UK.