Lucy represents local and international clients in commercial disputes before courts and tribunals in the United Arab Emirates, including in the courts of the Dubai International Financial Centre.
Lucy has acted for clients throughout all stages of the litigation process in the United Arab Emirates and in England. She also has experience in acting for clients in international arbitrations.
Lucy is an English qualified solicitor who has been in the Middle East since 2020. She is also an accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator which means she is well placed to provide advice and act for clients in relation to settling disputes using Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Cryptocurrency - Representing a client in a claim in the Technology and Construction Division of the DIFC Courts, relating to the transfer and storage of cryptocurrency.
- Commercial – Advising clients in relation to their rights and liabilities under commercial agency agreements and franchise agreements in the UAE and other jurisdictions.
- Banking and Finance - Successfully setting aside a Default Judgment of the DIFC Courts and defending a claim relating to a Facility Agreement governed by UAE Laws and Personal Guarantees governed by DIFC Laws.
- Arbitration – Representing a luxury car manufacturer in DIFC-LCIA arbitration proceedings relating to the termination of an import agreement.
- Commercial and Employment - Representing a DIFC based inter-dealer brokerage firm and an employee in defending claims brought against them by the employee’s former employer in the UK for breach of contract and procuring a breach of contract.
- Banking and Finance - Advising high-net-worth individuals in relation to the mis-selling of leveraged and high risk bespoke investment products by an international investment bank.
- Commercial - Representing one of eleven defendants in relation to a claim in the English High Court for damages in excess of £5million, and other remedies, arising out of the alleged misapplication of corporate assets.
- Enforcement - Representing an India based company in relation to the enforcement of an ICC Arbitration Award and related DIFC Courts costs order in Dubai.
- Commercial - Advising warrantors in relation to a breach of warranty claim under a Share Purchase Agreement governed by the laws of England and Wales, with a value of approximately £4.5million.
- Sport - Representing a racehorse owner in Ireland in relation to Stakeholder Proceedings brought in the English Courts regarding the true ownership of a horse sold at auction.