Sammy joined Clyde & Co. in the year of 2022 as an Associate in the Personal Injuries and Insurance Department in the Hong Kong office. Prior to joining Clyde & Co., Sammy had received extensive litigation-oriented training and predominantly developed his practice in civil and insurance litigation in a time-honoured local law firm. He has experience in handling a wide variety of civil matters, including contentious employees’ compensation and personal injuries claims, public liability claims, professional negligence, employment, tort of harassment, probate and construction disputes.
Aside from civil litigation, Sammy extends his practice to criminal litigation of which he represented individual and corporate clients facing charges of road traffic and labour safety offences. He also had experience in handling matters relating to common hard crimes and attending legal visits and hearings at various law enforcement agencies and courts.
Sammy holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Leicester and Postgraduate Certificate in Laws from the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He was admitted as a Solicitor of the High Court of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in the year of 2019.
Sammy is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Employees’ compensation and personal injuries claims – Representing subcontractors in defending the employees’ compensation and subsequent personal injuries claims arising from a construction project in a reputable theme park in Hong Kong. Successfully sought contribution from the insured principal contractors.
- Public liability claims – Instituting personal injuries claim against governmental department for the Plaintiff’s injuries sustained due to the collapse of a 15-meter-tall tree.
- Professional negligence – Applying for discharge of a mareva injunction on behalf of an insured medical practitioner and defending the related fatal personal injuries and medical negligence proceedings against him according to the insurer’s instructions.
- Employment dispute – Acting for an ex-employee to assert his claim against his former employer for multimillion-dollar bonus payment on the grounds of variation of employment contract and breach of implied term not to avoid bonus payment
- Tort of harassment – Successfully obtained summary judgment and permanent anti-harassment injunction against the Defendant in a tortious claim involving tele and cyber intimidation and harassment.
- Probate disputes – Acting for beneficiaries to complex estates consisting of numerous New Territories lands, corporate and real properties. Successfully obtained and enforced judgments for revocation of grant, removal and substitution of administrator, and vesting orders on the ground of estate misappropriation.
- Construction dispute – Defending the main contractor’s action on behalf of the land owner for outstanding payment arising from a defaulted construction project on the grounds of repudiation of contract and agency laws.