Hadia is an associate in the Dar es Salaam office. She predominantly works in the corporate department and has worked with our team on mergers & acquisitions, oil & gas, mining, insurance, regulatory compliance and employment. Hadia joined Clyde & Co as a trainee in February 2021, prior to which, she trained with both local and regional law firms. Hadia worked for Yapi Merkezi Inşaat ve Sanayi A.Ş. on secondment where she advised and assisted with various local and international transactions, employment matters as well as alternative dispute resolution.
Hadia pursued her undergraduate degree programme at the University of Dar es Salaam and thereafter pursued her Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice at the Law School of Tanzania. Hadia is an Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and a member of the Tanganyika Law Society.
- Advising and assisting major oil companies on various legal issues.
- Reviewing and advising on key aspects of concession agreements entered between foreign Governments and foreign registered companies.
- Assisting on insurance matters, particularly marine insurance, property insurance, professional indemnity insurance and financial lines as well as takaful insurance products in Tanzania.
- Advising on the establishment and operations of International Non-Governmental Organisations in Tanzania.
- Drafting and reviewing commercial agreements for clients.
- Assisting with the preparation of merger clearance applications at the Fair Competition Commission.
- Conducting due diligence on companies with operations in Tanzania to ensure compliance with existing laws.
- Advising clients on various regulatory queries in relation to the establishment of electronic platforms for trade negotiations in Tanzania.
- Advising on key aspects related to investment in Government securities and steps to be followed by foreign investors in Government securities.
- Advising on general and specific aspects applicable to bills of exchange and promissory notes and their enforceability in Tanzania.
- Advising and assisting companies in establishing their business in Tanzania.
- Assisting various foreign companies with organising their statutory fillings at the Business Registration and Licensing Agency and overall provision of company secretarial services.
- Advising and assisting with registration of charges and mortgages.
- Advising on regulatory and compliance matters associated with the tobacco industry in Tanzania.
- Advising on matters relating to the mining sector and employment in Tanzania.