Callum's primary focus is on contentious matters, including arbitration, litigation, and alternative dispute resolution. He speaks English, Spanish and French.
He has worked for a variety of clients, both domestic and international (including subcontractors, main contractors, developers, local authorities, venture capital funds and insurers), and is familiar with a wide range of standard form contracts as well as bespoke agreements.
Callum endeavours to provide practical, pragmatic, and strategic advice to help clients achieve their objectives in the most cost-effective way possible.
- Acting in an ICC Arbitration concerning the supply of materials for the construction of a landmark project in New York.
- Acting on behalf of an infrastructure contractor in an adjudication brought by a subcontractor in respect of defective works in relation to the extension and refurbishment of a hospital.
- Advising a housebuilder in relation to a litigated dispute concerning the allegedly negligent design of a heating system in a mixed-use development.
- Acting for a developer on a variety of matters, ranging from payment disputes with subcontractors to larger claims concerning delay and defects.
- Representing international contractor specialising in fit-out, refurbishment and construction, including acting on its behalf in several adjudications with its subcontractors in connection with a large project which was in significant delay.
- Working on a high value litigated dispute concerning alleged negligence or fraud in connection with the procurement process and letting of a contract for the construction of an oil and gas facility in Scotland.
- Advising in relation to a dispute with a utilities company in relation to a project affecting a major arterial route and concerning issues of workmanship, valuation, and delay.
- Representing a client in an ICC Expert Determination encompassing numerous claims and counterclaims, including in respect of delay and disputed variations.
- Acting in a hybrid arbitration connected with the construction of a powerplant, including a significant claim for additional time and costs.