Celia Rosas joined Clyde & Co in 2018 as a Summer Associate and continued with the firm as an Associate for the Aviation Team. She rejoined Clyde & Co in 2023 as a Litigation Associate. Celia specializes in commercial litigation, including defending airline and hotel entities, as well as product manufacturers and retailers. She has a range of experience in lawsuits involving wrongful death, personal injuries, commercial contracts, insurance coverage, employment, and real estate disputes.
Celia has defended putative class action suits, as well as tried bench and jury trials in federal and state court. She assists in all phases of litigation, including drafting pleadings and dispositive motions, arguing motions, conducting offensive and defensive discovery, preparing witnesses for trial, participating in settlements and mediation discussions, and trial and post-trial proceedings.
- US District Courts for the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of California
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2019. Chancellor’s Scholarship Recipient (Merit and High Achievement Award); Editor, Hastings Business Law Journal; Teaching Assistant, Hastings Moot Court; Competitor, Alternative Dispute Resolution Team.
- B.A., cum laude, University of San Francisco, 2014. Dean’s List (Merit and High Achievement Award and Scholarship).
- California State Bar
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association
- Represented early investors in start-up company for breach of contract against founder resulting in USD 4 million jury verdict. (2022)
- Successfully defended an airline against USD 2 million personal injury claim allegedly sustained by airline passenger in bench trial. (2020)
- Defended hotel operators and owners against employees’ sexual harassment claims; prevailed on dispositive motion resulting in dismissal of action against represented defendants. (2022)
- Represented hotel operator and owner in putative class action and prevailed on motion to arbitrate and stay claims. (Ongoing)
- “Verdicts & Settlements, McPherson, et al. v. Fiore Management, LLC,” Santa Barbara Lawyer, September 2022, p. 23
- “Four Tips for Enhancing Credibility When Preparing a Trial Witness,” ABA Practice Points, July 29, 2022
- “The Future is Femtech: Privacy and Data Security Issues Surrounding Femtech Applications,” 15 Hastings Bus. L.J. 319 (2019)