Eric Ruben focuses on civil disputes and litigation on behalf of insurers and product manufacturers, including acting as regional counsel for multiple tire companies. He defends simple negligence to complex strict liability actions involving moderate to catastrophic injuries and multiple deaths. He also provides insurers with coverage analyses and defends allegations, including fraudulent insurance practices and spoliation. Eric further handles commercial contract disputes over issues such as indemnity, choice of law, and breach of contract.
Eric was named to Florida Trend's Legal Elite Up and Comers list.
- US District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- All Florida state courts
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2008. Senior articles editor for the Florida Entertainment Law Review. Phi Delta Phi. Dean's list.
- B.S., cum laude, University of Florida, 2005. President's list and Dean's list.
- American Bar Association
- Obtained order striking plaintiff's pleadings with prejudice on behalf of a retail bank in a personal injury action
- Partial summary judgment for a manufacturer in a multiple death and injury case related to survivor status
- Reached settlement of five figures on behalf of a manufacturer in a potentially eight-figure paraplegia case
- Limited discovery in a case involving three deaths and four injuries following a rollover accident
- Represented a national automobile service center in a wheel-off case leading to an accident alleged to have caused loss of vision, a seizure and neck and back pain. Following an initial mid-six figure demand, the case settled for less than the cost of the defense.
- "Money, Trash & Memories: Insights from the Dark Side of Florida Courts," South Florida Seminar, Association of Corporate Counsel, August 2017
- "Litigation Trends in Florida: Damages, Daubert and Digital Developments," South Florida Seminar, Association of Corporate Counsel, September 2016
- "Product Liability: Emerging Risks Pose Challenges for Insurers and defendants," white paper, Clyde & Co, July 2017
- "Creating a New Playbook for Autonomous Vehicle Claims," Property Casualty 360, May 2017
- "'He Said, It Said' - Litigating the Semi-Autonomous Road Ahead," Association of Corporate Counsel South Florida FOCUS, September 2016
- "Using a Scalpel, Not a Machete: A Novel Approach to Limiting Scope of Discovery in Products Liability Actions," DRI Trials & Tribulations Newsletter, December 2015