As a general practitioner of business law for over 20 years, Jean-Michel mostly handles mergers and acquisitions, international agreements and commercial leases. His wide commercial practice encompasses both advice and litigation. He regularly advises on the establishment and the structuring of new entities and on group restructurings. He has substantial experience in advising foreign companies on investing in the French market at each and every step of their development (from counselling to litigation) on business law and corporate law matters.
His insurance and reinsurance practice entails the commercial drafting and reviewing of general terms of insurance policies. He represents all parties in the distribution and management of insurance policies. Much of his work relates to cross border business and regulatory aspects of the insurance sector. In addition, he advises insurers on European and French operations.
Jean-Michel was admitted to the Paris Bar in 1996 and holds a Master 1 in Private Law from the University of Paris 2 – Panthéon – Assas. He is also the author of various publications in relation to commercial clauses and drafting. Jean-Michel is well versed in providing legal advice in both English and French.
- Advising a foreign group and negotiating the terms of a commercial lease in France.
- Advising an English group on the acquisition of a French run-off reinsurance company.
- Advising an American group in the purchase of shares of a French broker.
- Advising a French reinsurance company in the context of a cross-border merger.
- Advising a major transportation company with interests in Europe and the Middle East on investment in a French company.
- Advising a South African company on an agribusiness investment in an African State.
- Advising foreign companies on insolvency proceedings against French clients.
- Advising a foreign group on an agribusiness project in Africa (agreement with the State, setting up of “local” companies, agreements, private placement of shares, etc.)
- Drafting of standard model agreements for a large European Insurer.
- Assisting international Insurance group in the restructuring and the reorganisation involving multiple countries and jurisdictions.
- Representing claimant in action against a financial institution for failing to comply with its obligation to provide advice to its client in the context of the setting up of a unit trust.
- Representing insurer of a portfolio management company sued by its clients on the basis of loss of the invested capital.
- Representing the partners of a joint-venture in the context of an ICC arbitration following a breach of a joint-venture agreement.
- Boilerplate Clauses, International Commercial Contracts and the Applicable Law - Common Law Contract Models and Commercial Transactions Subject to Civilian Governing Laws - Edited by Giuditta Cordero-Moss, Universitetet i Oslo - Cambridge University (2011) – Contributors: Xavier Lagarde, French Law Professor, David Meheut (Clyde & Co LLP), Jean-Michel Reversac (Clyde & Co LLP).
- De divers effets de la crise sur le droit des sociétés ou le retour vers la lean attitude / (“Various effects of the crisis on corporate law or back to a lean attitude”)– Jean-Michel Reversac - Droit des sociétés n° 12, December 2009, étude 15.
- Les clauses de changement significatif défavorable les («MAC clauses ») après la crise d'août 2007 . - Quelle est leur portée, en Grande-Bretagne et aux États-Unis, dans le contexte actuel de crise financière ? - - (“Material adverse change clauses (MAC clauses) after the 2007 crisis, - What is the impact of such clauses, in Great-Britain and the United States, in light of the current financial crisi?”) Nicola Clavarino, solicitor, Clyde & Co LLP (Londres) and Jean-Michel Reversac, avocat, Clyde & Co LLP (Paris) - Revue de droit bancaire et financier n°6, November 2009, étude 34.
- Cession d'entreprise : points-clés de la négociation et de la rédaction de la lettre d'intention (“Transfer of business: key points to negotiating and drafting the letter of intent”)– Jean-Michel Reversac, Avocat, Archibald et Anker Sørensen, Avocat, Archibald - La Semaine Juridique Entreprise et Affaires n° 28, 11 July 2002, 1078.