Louisa has specialised in the defence of claims against property professionals, notably surveyors and valuers for two decades; she also attracts work from insurers defending construction professionals and has established a successful claims handling unit out of Manchester attracting pre action and litigated claims suited to a lower or fixed cost model.
Louisa is recognised as a band 1 leading lawyer in Legal 500 and her 2020 testimonials included:
'Louisa Robbins is bright, effervescent, and with an output that would put two solicitors to shame, let alone one. She is liked by everyone who has dealings with her, and is at the very top of her field. If she cannot crack a case, it is uncrackable.'
- Acting on a construction dispute where the client was the Independent Tester (of the fire compartments/protections) under a PFI project relating to the redevelopment of facilities for mental health services at a hospital in the North East of England.
- Assisting the client in respect of defending it against a claim of professional negligence regarding the provision of building survey reporting services undertaken at a large commercial mixed use leisure property (hotel, casino, arcade and retail units) located in the south of England
- Defending professional negligence lender claims brought by three different lenders against the surveyor client relating to alleged overvaluations of 15 central London leasehold apartments
- Defending within the claims handling team a book of 250 litigated claims against installers of retro- fit cavity wall insulation alleging breach of contract and negligent
- Defending a claim alleging breach of contract and/or professional negligence regarding the provision of monitoring surveying services on a large residential development property and using a relatively unique construction method not known to the claimant 'peer-to peer' lender.