Peter Rossi's practice focuses on insurance coverage and commercial litigation. He has extensive experience in all phases of civil litigation and has litigated in state, federal, bankruptcy and appellate courts.
Peter acts on behalf of international and domestic insurers in connection with multi-jurisdictional disputes, in both the first party and third party context. His practice areas focus on high value cargo, warehousing liability, specie and fine art. Peter represents insurers during claim investigations, in litigation concerning policy defenses and bad faith claims. He has also handled a variety of commercial matters involving contract disputes on behalf of companies and individuals.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co, Peter was a partner at a boutique commercial litigation firm in New York City, where he handled the same types of matters.
- New York
- US District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2000
- B.A., International Relations, Bucknell University, 1992
- Currently representing Lloyd's Underwriters in connection with claim arising out of seizure of high value cargo in the Middle East.
- Represented various London Underwriters in connection with multiple lawsuits in New York, Rhode Island and Florida concerning insurance coverage disputes arising out of tolling transactions in the precious metals industry.
- Represented Lloyd's Underwriters in the negotiated resolution of a valuation dispute with a major pharmaceutical company pertaining to the theft of a large international shipment of drugs.
- Provided coverage and claims handling advice to Lloyd’s Underwriters concerning investigation of insurance claim arising out of a USD 9 million jewelry heist, in which the investigation uncovered that the robbery was staged and lead to the criminal conviction of the insureds for insurance fraud.
- Represented Lloyd’s Underwriters concerning investigation of claim involving theft of gold and money by officer of refining company in California.
- Provided coverage advice to London Underwriters during investigation of claim involving the alleged theft of cash by owner of an ATM servicing company.
- Worked on behalf of the City of New York as part of the NYC Rapid Repair Program, on a team retained to monitor a construction company for fraud, waste and abuse in its performance of emergency repairs of homes damaged by Hurricane Sandy.
- Negotiated settlement on behalf of minority owners of a company in arbitration concerning breach of the operating agreement by the majority owners and derivative claims for breach of fiduciary duties.
- Represented a broker before FINRA in connection with investigation into and enforcement of rule violations arising out of unauthorized discretionary trading activity over a multiple-year period.