Andrew is an associate in the MEA Projects & Construction team. He advises developers, contractors and consultancies on disputes relating to defects, variations, payment, and delay arising from high value public and private projects.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co’s Dubai office in September 2023, Andrew practiced at an independent law firm in Scotland.
- Acting for a contractor on Palm Jumeirah luxury residential and hotel resort development in a DIAC arbitration against a subcontractor defending claims for extensions of time, disruption, prolongation costs and variations and counterclaiming for the costs of manpower, materials and other financial support provided to the subcontractor.
- Acting for a contractor in an arbitration claim against a design consultant for breach of duty in respect of a large water infrastructure improvement project.
- Acting for the developer in mediation proceedings to settle claims for time and money arising from numerous trade contracts in respect of a multi-phase residential development.
- Acting for a contractor in respect of upstream and downstream claims raised in connection with defects at multiple educational facilities.
- Acting for employers and contractors in adjudication proceedings.