Flora specialises in a wide range of areas, both contentious and non-contentious. She focuses on dry shipping litigation and arbitration as well as international trade. She has a particular expertise in matters relating to cargo claims, bills of lading, charterparties, and international trade.
She regularly advises and represents large state-owned and international traders, energy companies and insurance/re-insurance companies. She also provides contract review services and provides advice for a leading international trading company on a regular basis.
Flora is a graduate of Dalian Maritime University on Maritime Law and she obtained her Masters degree on Common Law at the University of Hong Kong. Flora is named as one of the Rising Stars by Legal 500 APAC on a year on year basis.
Flora speaks fluent Mandarin, Cantonese and English.
- Assisting a leading reinsurer in Chinse court proceedings in relation to a large gas explosion accident in Hainan.
- Assisting and advising a leading Chinese insurer following a collision at an assured construction project in Brunei.
- Advising a leading Chinese oil company on various daily queries including queries under oil trading contracts and charterparties.
- Advising a leading oil major on disputes under an oil supply contract.
- Handling various cases (e.g. London / Hong Kong / CIETAC arbitration) in relation to shipping (e.g. demurrage / off hire) and trading disputes (e.g. rejection of cargo / quality issues).
- Assisting in ship arrest in various jurisdictions (such as Hong Kong, South Africa and Singapore).
- Negotiating / reviewing contracts for one of the biggest distributors / trader in China.
- Assisting clients in Chinese court proceedings in relation to disputes under various sale contracts for shipments of coal.
- Assisting a leading Chinese bank with various contract reviews for hire purchase arrangements in relation to multiple aircrafts.
- Advising a major Chinese shipyard in relation to disputes under a bareboat charterparty.
- Advising a Chinese shipyard in relation to disputes under an MOA for sale/ purchase of a cutter dredger.
- Advising a leading Chinese insurer under an insurance policy covering payment of hire under a bareboat charterparty by charterers which entered into judicial management proceedings in Singapore.