Aaron Warren focuses his practice on insurance coverage litigation. He represents national and regional insurance carriers on sophisticated legal matters involving commercial general liability and personal lines insurance. Aaron frequently handles significant coverage disputes involving an insurance company's duty to defend and indemnify, breach of policy provisions, and bad faith claims. He is experienced handling cases in both state and federal courts, as well as appeals.
In addition to litigation, Aaron regularly drafts coverage opinion letters and advises clients on matters ranging from policy interpretation, claims handling, underwriting and regulatory compliance.
During law school, Aaron was a judicial intern for the Honorable Gill S. Freeman (ret.) in the Complex Business Division of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida.
- US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- US District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- J.D., cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, 2011. Associate Editor, University of Miami Inter-American Law Review.
- B.A., Economics, University of Florida, 2006
- Broward County Bar Association
- Won summary judgment establishing no coverage for USD 2 million oil drilling project based on CGL policy's property damage exclusions.
- Won summary judgment on claim seeking to impose USD 3 million in uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage based on selection/rejection form for commercial auto policy.
- Victory, on cross-motions for summary judgment, establishing no coverage for intellectual property lawsuit seeking to impose over USD 5 million in damages based on violations of the federal Lanham Act.
- Won summary judgment for USD 3 million consent judgment based on findings of collusion and unreasonableness.
- Won dismissal on the pleadings based on violation of Florida's non-joinder statute resulting in total non-payment by client.
- Affirmed dismissal of workers' compensation carrier's lien claim against an auto liability carrier based on violation of Section 440.39, Fla. Stat., Fla. 4th DCA 2016.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of homeowners' carrier finding no duty to defend a negligence claim based on policy's business pursuits exclusion, Fla. 11th Cir. Ct. 2016.
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of CGL carrier in an action to enforce a Coblentz agreement based on Florida's non- joinder statute, Fla. 17th Cir. 2015.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of homeowners' carrier finding no duty to defend for a negligent supervision claim based on policy's physical abuse exclusion, Fla. 1st Cir. 2015.
- No coverage for USD 4.35 million Coblentz agreement based on CGL policy's employer's liability and workers' compensation exclusions, 11th Cir. 2014.
- "Proving the Case for Proof of Loss: Understanding the Recent Judicial Changes to the Proof of Loss Policy Condition," WLSC Newsletter, Winter 2013
- "Investors of Prey: Seeking Relief in Distressed Debt Markets," 18 Miami Int'l & Comp. L. Rev. 213, Spring 2011