Jehan-Philippe has advised local and London market insurers on risks across different sectors, including general liability, professional indemnity, directors and officers and crime/fidelity risks. He has extensive experience of advising local and London insurers in connection with policy wordings and coverage disputes under financial institutions, professional indemnity and D&O insurance policies and defending claims made against professional services firms. He has represented companies and individuals in complex and high value commercial litigation, including disputes arising out of some of the most high profile matters to have affected the London financial services sector in recent years.
Jehan-Philippe has advised corporates and individuals in connection with corruption and financial crime, internal and external investigations, contentious regulatory matters and litigation. His experience includes advising in connection with regulatory and professional investigations, corporate governance issues, compliance programmes and risk assessments, including bribery and corruption and business & human rights risks. He has advised financial institutions, corporates and individuals in connection with a wide range of contentious regulatory matters.
- Acting for an insured and their insurers in the successful defence of third party proceedings relating to a claim under a contractual indemnity provision arising out of a personal injury claim by a worker on the Australian Marine Complex in Henderson
- Acting for the insurer of a provider of jobseeker and related services in the defence of a claim for indemnity under a professional indemnity policy, in circumstances where the insured’s public liability policy also responded, and the insured was the subject of a personal injury claim by a jobseeker who alleged he had been injured by the insured’s staff
- Acting in the successful defence of a claim against a provider of job placement services arising out of a personal injury claim including allegations of bullying and harassment
- Acting for an engineering firm in relation to a major ongoing WorkSafe investigation and advising on potential civil and criminal claims arising out of the collapse of a partly constructed building resulting in a fatality and injuries to other site workers
Experience – D&O
- Acting for directors and officers in claims alleging breaches of the Corporation Act, breach of fiduciary duty, mismanagement and negligence, including insolvent trading claims by liquidators
- Representing companies and individuals in coronial enquiries and Royal Commissions
Experience – Professional indemnity
- Acting for financial services firms in the defence of claims alleging negligent advice, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and misleading and deceptive conduct
- Acting for tax agents, accountants and auditors against claims of negligent advice
- Acting for architects, designers, engineers, consultants and contractors against claims arising out of mining, construction and energy projects, including acting for insurers and their insured in the defence and settlement of a multi-million dollar economic loss claim arising out of the alleged defective design of buildings erected on a major new port facility in WA
- Acting for health professionals, including surgeons, GPs, psychologists, chiropractors, physiotherapists and other allied health professionals against medical negligence claims and complaints to regulatory and disciplinary bodies and in coronial enquiries